International Workshops and Trainings
The outcomes of the workshop was two Salahaddin Unimersity academics were selected and traveled to USA to participate in 4 weeks training workshop of University administration and Internationalization of Salahaddin University. The two staff were ( Dr.Mohammed Azeez Saeed , traveled to University of Cincinnati-Ohaio to join in 4 weeks trainings in Summer 2014 and Dr.Tania Abdul-Baseer traveled to University of Cincinnati-Ohaio for 4 weeks training in Spring 2014). The workshops and the program were fully funded and granted by US Embassy-Baghdad.
The traing workshop was conducted at the university of Kasle and was a shared grant between DAAD and Salahaddin University -Erbil.
- Intensive course on COMSOL-Multiphysics Modelling and Simulation Software for capacity building of Iraqi academic staff.Salahaddin University,2012 & 2013 and October 2014.
- Workshop-Building CNC Milling and Turning ( Software and Hardware) by using Varicut and GPlus Knuth for Qualification of Iraqi academic staff, Freiberg ( http://tu-freiberg.de ) University-Germany, 2012 , 2013 & and January 2014.
- Summer Traning for 2 students of Salahaddin University at Freiberg University-Germany, 2012.
- Workshop-Building of modern measuring methods in the laboratory( software and hardware) by using DASYLab for Qualification of Iraqi academic staff of Salahaddin University-Erbil in Freiberg University-Germany, 2012 & September 2014.
- Workshop-Numerical Simulation by using COMSOL ( Finite Element Method, Fundamentals and Applications for capacity buildings of Iraqi academic Staff . Salahaddin University-Erbil, 2012.
- Summer Training Course for 9 students of Salahaddin University-Erbil.Freiberg, 2013.
- Workshop-Numerical Simulation by using FEM-Multiphysics COMSOL for Qualification of Iraqic academic staff. Salahaddin University-Erbil, October 2014.
- Summer Training for one month for 4 students and for 4 academic staff of Salahaddin University-Erbil. Freiberg , August 2014.
- Twleve workshops have conducted at the university of Freiberg-Germany for the academic staff and students of College of Engineering-Salahaddin University particularly to the staff and students of the department of Mechanical Engineering during 2012-2014. The workshops coverd different subjects and diciplines of the department of Mechanical Engineering.The workshops were fully funded by DAAD.
- A laboratary (Station) of Solar and Wind Energy extraction and production were estrablished at the department of Mechanical Engineering.The cost of the station and installation were covered by DAAD.
- Workshop- IREX ( irex.org ) has conducted a workshop for Iraqi university staff at Erbil in March 2014 ( 4 days). The agenda of the workshop was to develop Iraqi universities administration support program's fellowship in University Managment, part of the Iraqi University Linkages program. The participants from Salahaddin University were:
- Dr.Mohammed Azeez Saeed, Director, International Relations Office at SU-ERBIL.
- Dr.Tania Abdul-Baseer, Department of Plastic Arts at SU-ERBIL.
- Dr.Sabah Sobhi Hayder, Departmet of Political Sciences at SU-ERBIL.
- Dr.Wasfi Taher Saalih, College of Administration and Economics at SU-ERBIL.
- Dr.Hewa Yaseen Abdullah, Head department of Physics-College of Education,SU-ERBIL.
- Dr.Salahaddin Othman Baker, College of Administration and Economics at SU-ERBIL.
- Two symposium " Partnership in Progress" between Salahaddin University and TU Freiberg-Germany, November 2014.
- five professors from Leipzig university( https://www.zv.uni-leipzig.de/en) - Germany visited college of Basic Education,Salahaddin University-Erbil(http://www.su.edu.krd ) for five days April 2014 ,they have conducted a workshop on the Education system in Germany and teacher education programs.The workshop was conducted according to an agreement of the college Basic Education at Salahaddin University and Faculty of education at Leipzig University for capacity building in teacher training.The workshop was fully funded and granted by DAAD.
- Eight teaching staff of college of Basic Education at Salahaddin University visited Leipzig university(https://www.zv.uni-leipzig.de/en)-Germany for one week in October 2014.In addition to class observations, library ,schools and Kindergartens visits, they have presented talks about Education system in Kurdistan.The workshop visit was fully funded and granted by DAAD.
- Twenty Academic staff of Salahaddin University-Erbil participated in an international workshop/training in the period August 12th to August 25th, 2012 which was hold at the university of Kasle-Germany( http://www.uni-kassel.de/uni/internationales/english-version/university/about-us.html ). The workshop was on Staff Development training for Medium level Leaders of Universities in Kurdistan Region.The training workshop was conducted and supervised by prof.Dr. Michael Fremerey( email@example.com ). The training tackled three major key points
- Leading University Institutions.
- Quality in Teaching and Learning.
- Research and Knowledge Managements.
- Assistant.professor Dr.Nasir Khalil Jalal( firstname.lastname@example.org )from department law,College of Law and Politics-Salahaddin University-Erbil, joined ( Civic Education and Leadership Fellows Program) in the period February2 to May12th, 2013 ( 100 days).The awarded visiting scholar was sponsored by the United State Department of State under the middle East Partnership Initiative.The program was conducted at the Syracuse University-Maxwell School of Citizinship and Public Affairs ( www.maxwell.syr.edu/exed ).The objective of the program was to enhance international standards in social science education through improved curricula developmemnt and course delivery, increased institutional capacity, expanded student and faculty engagement;and improved critical thinking of educators in institutions of higher education.
- The follwing staff members of the College of Basic Education-Salahaddin University-Erbil will visit University of Leipzig( https://www.zv.uni-leipzig.de/en/ ) Germany in the period October 12th to 23rd, 2015. The aim of the visit is to participate in an activity project"Capacity Building in Teacher Education for Kurdistan Region" Fund by German Academic Exchange Service(DAAD).
1-Mr.Hasan Jalal Aziz, Passport No. G2486334
2-Mr.Saman Ahmed Abdullah, Passport No. G2856984
3-Mr.Shukur Mohammed Salih, Passport No. A2303374
4-Mrs.Qasmat Mohammed Hussein, Passport No.G1938478
5-Dr.Ahmed H.A.Omer, Passport No.G2490497
6-Dr.Azad Ibrahim Amen, Passport No.A8893435
7-Mr.Rozhgar Jalal Khidir, Passport No.A8891764
8-Mr.Azhi Aziz Salih, Passport No.G2081394
9-Dr.Ban Sabah Yahia, Passport No. G2529146
Mohammed Azeez Saeed