The Department of Software Engineering in Salahaddin and College of Computer Science and Engineering at Lebanese French University are organizing a workshop entitles “Recent Advances in Computer science and Engineering”. The workshop will focus on 4 main areas:
- Big Data or Data Science is one of the emerging technologies these days. This technology that deals with the study, processing, storage, and analysis of the huge amount of data produced from different sources all over the world. This field has huge scope mainly for research. There are also a lot of career opportunities in this field.
- Cloud Computing is the technology that provides an on-demand shared pool of resources over the internet to users. These services are provided by cloud providers like Microsoft Azure, IBM, Amazon web services, etc. It is another emerging field in computer science and a good area for research.
- Internet of Things (IoT) is a technology in which objects and devices are connected with each other virtually through the internet. The devices have sensors and actuators to act according to the surrounding environment. Smart homes and smart cities are applications of the Internet of Things (IoT).
- Cyber Security is required considering the fact that there has been a sharp increase in the cyber-crimes in recent times. Cyber Security is needed in every area including public, private, and governmental organizations. This will also help in controlling malware activities and viruses.
- Artificial Intelligence is the science of imparting human thinking and intelligence to computers to create intelligent systems that can act and work like human beings. It is the driving force behind robotics and fuzzy systems. Machine Learning is one of the major applications of Artificial Intelligence.
The workshop will offer a great opportunity for the participant to the recent trends in research and development of the above fields, as well as, provide an advice and assistant about how to tackle various kind of research problems. The workshop will be divided in two four sessions presented over 2 days.
Venue: College of Computer Science and Engineering- Lebanese-French University
Date: 24-25 of April 2019