Professor of Electrical Engineering
Dean of Engineering College
Erbil, Kurdistan, Iraq
Official e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal e-mail: email@example.com
Birth Date: July 1, 1967
Family Status: Married, Two Daughters; Shan & Lala
Permanent Address: English Village 328,
Erbil, Kurdistan, Iraq
Languages: English, Spoken and written (Excellent)
Arabic, Spoken and written (Excellent)
Kurdish (Mother tongue, all dialects)
Ph.D. Electrical Engineering (Major: Control Systems Engineering),1999, University of Technology-Baghdad, Dept. of Electrical & Electronics Eng. Thesis Title:
"Damping of Low Frequency Oscillations in Large Electrical Power Systems using Selected Modes Pole Assignment Controller”.
M.Sc. Electrical Engineering (Major: Control Systems), 1993, University of Mosul, Mosul, Iraq. Thesis Title: "A Numerical Method For Pole Assignment Synthesis of Linear Time Invariant Control Systems Using State Feedback”
B.Sc. Electrical Engineering (Major: Electronics and Communications Eng., 1988, Salahaddin University-Erbil, Kurdistan, Iraq.
Postdoctoral Research ,2007, Monash University, Melbourne, VIC, Australia
ACADEMIC CERTIFICATES, HONORS & AWARDS
• Academic Leadership, Leadership Foundation for Higher Education, 2010, UK.
• Endeavour Award, 2008, Dept of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations, Australian Government.
• Project Management Certificate, 2005, Beyster Institute, Rady School of Management, University of California in San Diego, CA, USA.
2017-present Dean of Engineering College, Salahaddin University-Erbil
2011- 2017 Vice President for Scientific Affairs and Postgraduate Studies, Salahaddin University-Erbil, Erbil, Kurdistan, Federal Republic of Iraq.
2008- 2010 Head of the Electrical Engineering Dept, College of Eng, Salahaddin University-Erbil, Erbil, Kurdistan, Iraq.
2007-2008 Head of Computer License Test Committee, Salahaddin University, Erbil. Kurdistan.
2007-2007 Academic Visitor, Monash University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
2005-2007 Assist. Professor at The Dept. of Electrical Eng, College of Engineering, University of Salahaddin-Erbil.
2000-2004 Founder and Head of the Department of Software Engineering, College of Engineering., University of Salahaddin-Erbil, Kurdistan, Iraq.
1999-2000 Computer Center Manager, Salahaddin University-Erbil , Erbil, Kurdistan, IRAQ.
1993-2005 Lecturer, Department of Electrical Engineering, College of Engineering, Salahaddin University-Erbil.
1988-1991 Engineer, Trudbinik Ltd. (A Yugoslavian Company), Baghdad, Iraq.
Modeling & Simulation of Dynamic Systems, Control Systems Engineering, Information Systems and Automation, Power System Modeling and Simulation.
2010 Design and building of a Mobile Education Center for Regenerative Energy and Automation, with the University of Applied Science-Karlsruhe, Germany.
2005 Localization of Operation Manuals (in Kurdish) for A newly Installed Water Station in Ifraz, Erbil (Kurdistan, IRAQ) for Goulds Pumps(USA) and Agenew(USA).
2005 System Analysis, Localization, Database Design, Implementation, Manual Development and Training for PERIS: HR and Payroll System, with B-Plan IS Ltd(UK), the Ministry of Education, Erbil, Kurdistan, Iraq.
2004 Design of the ICT infrastructure for the Ministry of Education, Kurdistan, Iraq, with B-Plan IS Ltd (UK Company),2004-2005.
2002 Curriculum Design for a three Months IT Converting Course for 600 High School Teachers in Kurdistan Region, for UNESCO and The Ministry of Education, KRG, Erbil, Kurdistan.
2001 Control Site Design of Azmir-Sulaimani Substation, Zozik Ltd. and UNDP, Erbil.
2001 Control & Wiring Design of Chambarakat-Duhok Water Station (with Dr. Kamal Haj nabi), UNICIEF, Erbil.
2000 Erbil 29 MW Power Station Project, Design and Analysis Team, Engineering Bureau and UNDP, Erbil.
2015 Endeavour Executive Fellowship, Dept. of Education, Science and Training, Australia, (18,000 A$)
2009 Design and build a mobile renewable energy training centre with Karlsruhe University for Applied Science, Germany. DAAD Germany.
2007 Endeavour Research Fellowship, Dept. of Education, Science and Training, Australia, (25,000 A$)
2004 NSF(USA), all registration fees, flights, accommodation and live expenses for participation in IEEE-Artificial Intelligence and MED04 conferences, Istanbul,Turkey.
2000 UNESCO, Kurdistan Office, Grant, Supporting a Research Titled "PC Based Relay Test Systems”, Total amount of the grant: $1700.
COURSES ATTENDED OUTSIDE KURDISTAN
2015 Endeavour Executive Fellow, four months short courses in higher education leadership, Monash University, Australia.
2011 Higher Education Leadership and Management in Iraq, Leadership Foundation for Higher Education, British Council and BIS, Nottingham, UK.
2005 MEPI, Middle East Entrepreneur Training in the United States (MEET U.S.), funded by the Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs, Office of the Middle East Partnership Initiative, U.S. Department of State, and administered by FED.” , San Deigo, USA.
2001 Election Processes Observation, Organized by Electoral Reform Society in London and OSCE, Erbil, Kurdistan, Iraq.
SELECTED CONFERENCES (as a Keynote Speaker or paper presenter)
1.1st International Conference on Nations under Genocide, 19-21 April, 2017, Budapest, Hungary (upcoming)
2. 11th Asian University Presidents Forum, 2012, Bussan, Korea.
3. UK-KRG Higher Education Partnership, London, 2012, Uk.
4. Middle East Entrepreneur Training (MEET) Alumni Conference, US dept of State, Istanbul, August 4-5, 2009 , Turkey.
5. International Congress on Engineering, WCE2008, 2-4 July 2008, London, UK.
6. Middle East Entrepreneur Training (MEET) and Legal and Business Fellowship Program (LBFP) Joint Alumni Conference, Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI) at the U.S. Department of State 9-11 June 2008, Dead Sea, Jordan.
7. Kurdistan Contracting Engineering Organizations (K-CEDO), 27-29 May 2008, Erbil, Kurdistan, Iraq.
8. International Control Conference-ICC2006, 30 Aug-1 Sept 2006 Strathclyde University, Glasgow, UK.
9. MEET US Alumni Conference, US Dept of State, 16-17 Nov.,2005, Manama, Bahrain.
10. 35th International Conference on Computer& Industry Eng.,19-22 June, 2005, Istanbul, Turkey.
11. The 2nd International OECD of Ministries responsible for Small and Medium Size Enterprises (SMEs), 3-5th June 2004,Istanbul, Turkey.
12. The IEEE International Conference on Mechatronics(ICM`04), 3-5th June 2004, Istanbul, Turkey.
13. The 12th IEEE Mediterranean Conference on Control &
Automation, June,6-9, 2004,Izmir, Turkey
14. A Workshop in Cooperation between the university of Duhok and Baylor University (USA) for Developing Engineering and Computer Science Syllabi, 17-19th Dec.2003, Duhok.
15. International Conference on Control Applications, Istanbul, Turkey, 23-25th June,2003.
16. The 3rd International Conference on Computational Aspects and Their Applications in Electrical Engineering, Philadelphia University, Jordan, 19-20th October 1999.
Conference General Chair:
1.The 4th Scientific Conference of Salahaddin University-Erbil, Erbil, Kurdistan, 20-22 October 2011.
2. The First International Conference of Kurds and Kurdistan in History, (Joint conference between Salahaddin University and Mardin University), 10-12 April 2013.
3. ICEIT 2016, The First International Conference on Engineering and Innovative Technology, Erbil, Kurdistan
4. GENOCIDE2017. The First International Conference on Nations under Genocide, Budapest, Hungary, 19-21 April 2017 (upcoming).
1. Undergraduate Courses
1993-2012 Control Engineering, Dept. of Electrical Eng., College of Eng., University of Salahaddin-Erbil.
2000-2006 Database Systems, Dept. of Software Eng., College of Eng., University of Salahaddin-Erbil.
2000-2005 Computer Control Systems, Dept. of Software Eng., College of Eng., University of Salahaddin-Erbil.
2000-2005 Computer Architecture, Dept. of Software Eng., College of Eng., University of Salahaddin-Erbil.
2000-2001 Computer Organization, Dept. of Computer Science, College of Education, University of Salahaddin-Erbil.
2000-2003 Principles of Computer Programming, Dept. of Electrical Eng., College of Eng., University of Salahaddin-Erbil.
2. Postgraduate Courses
2008-2009 Information System Integration, (MSc, Dept of Software Eng, College of Engineering and Dept of Computer Science, College of Education, Salahaddin University-Erbil).
2007-2008 Computer Organization, (MSc Electronics and Communication Eng, Univ. of Salahaddin-Erbil).
2005-2006 Advance Control Systems, (PhD. in Mechanical Engineering), Dept. of Mechanical Eng., University of Salahaddin-Erbil, Kurdistan, Iraq
2005-2006 Computer Architecture and Parallel Processing, (MSc. In ICT), Dept. of Electrical Eng., University of Salahaddin-Erbil, Kurdistan, Iraq
2005-2006 Data Modeling, (MSc in ICT.), Dept. of Electrical Eng., University of Salahaddin-Erbil, Kurdistan, Iraq.
2005-2006 Control Theory, (MSc in Power Engineering), Dept. of Electrical Eng., University of Salahaddin-Erbil, Kurdistan, Iraq.
2004 -2005 Dynamic Systems (MSc in Power Ssystems), Dept. of Elect. Eng., University of Sulaimani, Sulaimani, Kurdistan, Iraq
2003-2004 Computer Architecture,(Higher Diploma in IT) Dept. of Software Eng., College of Eng., University of Salahaddin-Erbil.
2003-2004 Data Modeling and Database Systems,(Higher Diploma in IT) Dept. of Software Eng., College of Eng., University of Salahaddin-Erbil.
2002-2003 Data Modeling, (Ph.D. in Statistics) Dept. of Statistics, College of Administration and Economic, University of Salahaddin-Erbil.
2001-2004 Modern Control Engineering,(MSc in Power Systems.) Dept. of Electrical Eng., College of Eng., University of Sulaimani, Sulaimani. And College of Engineering, Salahaddin University-Erbil, Erbil.
3. Crash Courses
2005 Human Recourses (HR) Systems, Ministry of Education, Kurdistan, Iraq
2003 Data Modeling and Database Systems, College of Engineering and UNESCO, Erbil, Kurdistan, Iraq.
2002 Developing Computer Skills for the Administration Staff (Deans and President) of the University of Salahaddin/Hawler, UNESCO.
2002 Establishment of a Computer Program Syllabus for 3 months Converting Course for the Secondary School Mathematics and Physics Teachers to teach Computers, UNESCO, Erbil and Duhok,(head of the committee).
2002 Database Systems, Technical Institute of Erbil and UNESCO, Erbil. Kurdistan, Iraq.
2000 Computer Maintenance and Repair, UNESCO and the University of Salahaddin/Hawler, Erbil, Kurdistan, Iraq
2000 Computer Applications, UNESCO and the Ministry of Education, Erbil, Kurdistan, Iraq
4. Selected Seminars
2009 Modeling and Simulation of the Electrical Energy System of Kurdistan Region, Ministry of Electricity, KRG, Kurdistan.
2002 Internet Based Dictionaries, Kurdish Writer’s Union, Erbil, Kurdistan, Iraq.
1998 Embedded Systems, Ministry of Transportation and Communication, First Computer Exhibition, Erbil, Kurdistan, Iraq.
1.Mustafa Muhammed Mustafa, PhD. Student (Co-supervisor Carl Crane III , University of Florida, USA), Joint Project with UF (USA), Thesis Title: Use of compliance to simultaneously control manipulator position and resultant contact wrench, Started Date: March 1, 2017.
2. Diary Raoof, PhD. student (co-supervised with Dr Muhammed Abd Albaqi), Research Title: "A combined threshold hopping and voltage scaling for power reduction in microprocessors", started in May 2016, undergoing.
3. Dler Salih, PhD student, (Co-Supervisor: Carl Crane III, UF, uSA), Joint Research with the University of Florida(USA), Theses Title: " Design and Implementing of a Tensigrity Mechanism), started in 2012,undergoing.
4. Arazw Saed, Thesis Title: Availability Analysis of MoH/KRG’s ICT Infrastructure, College of Education, Dept of Computer Science, Salahaddin University-Erbil, March 2011.
5. MSc Student: Huda AbdulJabar, Thesis title: Modeling and Simulation of Chamchamal Gas Power Station Using SIMULINK, College of Engineering, Salahaddin University-Erbil, July 2010.
6. MSc Student: Jamal Abdulla, Thesis title: Survivability Assessment of Networked Control Systems, College of Engineering, Salahaddin University-Erbil, Expected to be completed on July 2010.
7. MSc Student: Pola Abd-Alhameed, Thesis Title: Design and Implementation of a DataBot", College of Engineering, University of Salahaddin-Erbil, June 2008.
8. MSc Student: Ari Arif, Thesis Title: Application of Data Mining in Power System Small Signal Stability Analysis", College of Engineering, University of Salahaddin-Erbil, May 2008.
9. MSc. Student: Diari Raouf Othman, Thesis Title:” Energy Dissipation Analysis of General Purpose Microprocessors”, College of Engineering, University of Salahaddin-Erbil, July 2005.
10. MSc. Student Dlawer Raoof, Thesis Title:” Monitoring of Power System Control Functions: A Database Approach”, College of Engineering, University of Salahaddin-Erbil, Nov 2005..
11. MSc. Student: Fadhil Tawfiq Aula, ThesisTtitle: “Interface Implementation of Parallel Port of PC for Testing Over current Relays ", College of Eng, University of Salahaddin-Erbil, Aug.2002.
1. Reforming Higher Education in Kurdistan Region, Salahaddin University Press, Erbil, 2013.
2. Computers, Text Books, Book-1 and Book-2(in Kurdish)), for 1st and 2nd Years Secondary Schools(13&14 years students) in Kurdistan Region, Ministry of Education, Erbil, 2004 and 2005 respectively.
3. Rembrandt and Other Essays (in Kurdish), Shvan Press, Sulaimani, 2002.
4. Microsoft Word 2000: An Introduction(in Kurdish), 1st Edition: Mardin Press, Erbil,2000, 2nd Edition, Shvan Press, Sulaimani,2002.
5. Computer Dictionary: English-Kurdish, MEDIA Publishers, Erbil,1999. Included in a Step by Step English learning Series, Lebanese Cultural Centre, Lebanon, 2011.
1. IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, USA), since 2006.
2. Iraqi Engineers Union, Consultant Engineer, since 1988.
3. Kurdistan Engineers Union, Consultant Engineer, since 1991.