TARGETS OF SUE AVC E-LEARNING CENTER
- Contributing to Building capacity and improving quality of training in Science & Technology.
- Creating a virtual network of online education in Kurdistan & IRAQ.
- Using new methodologies and tools generated by the latest innovations in Science and Technology.
- Contributing to capacity building of higher education institutions in IRAQ.
- Improving quality of teaching.
- Large-scale training of teachers, students and adults throughout the country.
- Developing of inter-university exchanges and sharing of resources and skills in the country.
- Training of teachers in online production and to esablish a Quality Control System for online course production and delivery.
WHY launch an Avicenna Virtual Campus in IRAQ?
- The main purpose of the establishment of an Avicenna Virtual Campus in Iraq (AVCI) is to build the UNIVERSITY of the FUTURE in IRAQ. The implementation of AVCI was first launched as a pilot initiative in October 2009.
- Three e-learning AVCI Centres were officially established at Basra, Baghdad and Salahaddin Universities in 2010.
- Fifty university teaching staff were trained on the engineering of online production and e-learning concepts through Five training workshops organized (2009 - 2014) in partnership with the Mediterranean e-learning Avicenna Centres of Philadelphia University (Jordan), Middle East Technical University (Turkey), and technical expertise from Universidad de Velencia (Spain), Ministry of Higher Education (Algeria) and UNESCO Institute of Information Technology for Education (IITE Moscow).
Why AVC ?
For Professors in the Universities
- To meet the need for the academic staff holding M.SC & PhD degree with an overseas experience and by using the national resources in an effective way,
- The opportunity of establishing domestic and overseas research partnerships,
- Strategic cooperation between universities,
- Opportunity to become an academic staff in a university,
- Research support,
- Support for international visits,
- Opportunity to improve English language skills,
- To become a part of the long-term university collaboration network.
The Main Objectives of SUE AVC Center Training
The AVC training has been organized as the project kick-off meeting. The main expected objectives are to present and discuss the different components for the implementation of the Avicenna model in Iraq including the following:
• Avicenna Virtual Campus model,
Avicenna e-learning centres,
• Avicenna Pedagogical model,
• UNESCO author contract model and intellectual property,
• Online course development (SMIL & Cyber-Teacher),
• Production of the first online course sequences (by the participants).
1-To produce samples for each center during the 1st- training session the main focus was on, how to develop other session and also how to publish on e-learning with two technology method Cyber, Limsee and the new TIMESHEET technologies .
The Avicenna Virtual Campus in Iraq project is a comprehensive framework for improving the quality of higher education and in short term improving also other educational levels including:
• Technical Education
• Secondary and Primary Education
• Inclusive Education
The professors (holding MSc and Ph.D) are attends as a lecturers;
- They are going to have an overview on the background on AVC process.
- They are also training for different session to know the process of how to register their lecturers by using the models (cyber or limsee and the new technology hich is called TIMESHEET TECHNOLOGY ).
- They become ready to put their course lecturers online for the students through AVC facilities in Erbil Center for e-learning which have been initiated in 23-12- 2010. In the future, they will sign a contract directly either with the USE or UNESCO after the evaluation of their online course lecturers by the pedagogical experts.
The main expected objectives
1- to meet the need of academic staff in the newly established era for electronic lecturers in universities and all institutions of Kurdistan Region.
2- to improve the quality of research and education.
3- to facilitate the transfer and exchange of knowledge among universities.
4- to establish a country-wide collaboration network.
5-Motivation of students to be involved in large-scale integrated research projects.
Editted and published by Prof.Dr.Qaysar Salih Mahdy & Assist. Prof. Dr.Ismail Musa Murad