College of Islamic Sciences was established in 2002. The college consists of four departments and a center: Department of Sharia, Department of Islamic Studies, Department of Origins of Religion, Department of Education of religious Sermon and SalahaddinAyoubi Center for Islamic research and studies.The strategic goal of the college is to educate people about the moderate Islam away from extremism and fundamentalism.
The main objectives of college are as follow:
- To provide students with good education and knowledge about Islamic sciences.
- Summoning to dialogue and tolerance among people with different thoughts and religions.
- Spreading the message of love and peace along with the religious and humanitarian tolerance in all areas of life.
- Strengthening the connection between sciences and other areas of life such as human rights, freedom and environmental protection etc.
- Preparing qualified researchers in different fields of Islamic sciences to do scientific research and studies that might play a big role in solving contemporary issues.
- Trying to link traditional Islamic law with the needs of the modern world in order to offer a proper treatment for existing problems.
- Preparing well trained graduates who can offer consultation in the field of Islamic sciences to ministries, governmental organizations and NGOs.
College admission system:
Thecollege admission systemis central. Students are admitted through the Central Admission Office of KRG. High School graduates enter the college based on their National Exam Score.
Finally, it is worth mentioning that the college also offers postgraduate studies including MA and PHD programs in different branches of the Islamic sciences.